Vegan gochujang jambalaya
- Soak soy protein with water or vegetable broth for 20 minutes.
- In a large pan sauté onion and bell pepper for 4 minutes and add garlic.
- Add sausage and soy protein and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and smoked paprika.
- Add tomato, gochujang and mix well and pour vegetables stock and thyme.
- Add rice and bring to boil and then lower the heat to simmer with a lid on.
- From time to time stir in the rice and cook till done.
Tip: Original recipe is made with long grain rice.
You can use any type of rice. For extra spicy add more gochujang.